• Mon 2019.04.22

Thanks @gito.nirmolo for pointing that item out.

I needed similar clarification in the discussion I started a month ago, last link in #2 above, and understood from the first sentence from Gordon's response in #9 there (same conversation), that the comment only applied to nRF52 boards. As I wondered about USART references also, @Gordon, is my summary from #2 accurate and is further web page clarification needed, as we now have another end-user that also has identified (possible) misinterpreting documentation? A referenced comment within the Serial class on the API Reference page would also help here.

such as: 'applies to nRF52 boards only'

As I continue to work towards resolving all ambiguity when coding and documenting, it would make sense to me, as the color tag 'keys' beneath the Pinout heading on the STM32 pages, contain the green SPI and dark red I2C references; to stay consistent across all documentation and resolve that ambiguity, place the same color tag keys beneath the tabled list along with the statement 'infinite software SPI and I2C available' or something of the sort. In this manner, the inquisitive visitor will see the consistency along with the note, then not have to wonder, as to whether or not the task is done in hardware and why aren't I seeing an SPI or I2C key as I do see a USART one.

the reason I had to create that post in the first place, ambiguity

As gito.nirmolo points out, is development being done for the STM32 older boards also?

( . . . ?no? . . . as comment on that page was meant for nRF52 boards only?)

Not all of us grasp the nuances immediately after reading specification parlance on the first pass. There is usually a ton of 'actual' detail that needs to be learned over time. . . .

About