• Write up a project you’ve made with an official Espruino board, put it online and get a free Espruino Pico , Original or MDBT42 breakout board (or equivalent money off another board), until the end of September 2019.

You should:

• Publish on Instructables, Hackster.io, Hackaday.io or YouTube. We're open to other websites, but please contact us first to check.
    • Include a picture of the assembled project
    • Include the JavaScript/Blockly code that you used
    • Include a short description detailing what parts are needed and how they are connected, and when mentioning the Espruino board, add a link to it
    • Have published in 2019 (if you published it before this started, that’s fine!) - the actual date you worked on the project can be earlier
    • Have published before 1st October 2019
    • Have made the project yourself or with others (not used or substantially copied someone else’s project)

Send an email to gw@pur3.co.uk with a link to your project and I’ll give you a coupon code for the Espruino shop worth £20 (ex VAT). This is the full price of an Original and slightly more than the Pico or MDBT42 Breakout board, however shipping is not included.

If you have any questions, please let me know either on the forum or via gw@pur3.co.uk!

edit: the end date has now been extended from end of June to end of September

• Nice! Thanks! My mind is into it allready!

• My very, very crude HDMI recorder is going to pay dividends!

• Absolutely! Good timing with that tweet - I'd be interested to see how you wired it up :)

• Hi, is that open to the US as well?

• Yes, totally - anyone can enter.

• pffft, late to the party... -_-

• Have you written something up? I'm still happy to give store credit :)

• I'm looking forward to write something up, it's just that the Espruinos I got from the kickstarter are only coming in March :D

Maybe you'd want to reopen this once the kickstarter rewards have been shipped out?

• Thr 2019.12.05

Would it be too demanding to run this ongoing quarterly? I've had two in the works, but missed the deadline from design/practicality issues and the fact that 'Life Get's in the Way.' Having an ongoing theme might generate web buzz . . . .

• Maybe you'd want to reopen this once the kickstarter rewards have been shipped out?

Yes, thanks! I'll do that.

I've been meaning to extend it officially but right now other things are taking priority :)

• I like the idea of quarterly rounds of this too. Some time I will finish a project, I swear.

Though the fact that it has to be an official Espruino board does kind of limit what projects I'd end up writing up, because almost all of my projects are on ESP8266's or my own clone of the original Espruino board, made in my 2"x4" size with a bunch of protoboard in the extra space and the D-spec part instead of the C-spec one, and all the parts on one side and larger so I can hand assemble them with tweezers. Though I 1000% understand why you have that condition :-P

• Any chance you want to run this challenge again? I'm currently looking at a number of projects, including expanding on your puck.js energy meter, to tie it in with a raspberry pi, espruino hub, and then either local webserver to manage this and then expose to the internet, or send to AWS to go and do some even more fun stuff with their API's.

• Yes, absolutely. I'll be bringing it back really soon.

Also I'm not going to be picky about this - if you submit a project a bit before it goes live I'm not going to refuse to give you store credit :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Old: Write up your project and get a Free Espruino! [2019]

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions