• So I'm still having no success with this:

NRF.setAddress("yy:yy:xx:xx:xx:xx random");

With yy:yy being the same as the original hardcoded MAC address to match the address type and avoid the INVALID_BLE_ADDR.

The Puck still advertises and connects to my phone with the original hard-coded MAC address.

The exact steps I have taken.
    I am using the web IDE in chrome. On the right hand side I have my BLE HID code (which is all functioning correctly). I connect the Puck to the web Ide. Upload my code from the RHS on to the puck. I then enter NRF.setAddress("C3:92:xx:xx:xx:xx random"); into the command on the left hand side. It returns undefined. I type save(). I type NRF.disconnect(). The Puck disconnects from the web ide. I restart the Puck, by lifting and releasing the battery. I then open the bluetooth settings on my android phone, scan for a new device, I find the Puck, connect and pair with it. I then click on the Puck in my Android bluetooth settings to check the MAC address and it displays the same hard-coded address that is returned when i type NRF.getAddress() into the ide. So as far as I can tell I am not successfully changing the MAC address.

I just tried here and it works fine

@Gordon, can you please tell me that exact steps you took to get the change to work

I really appreciate your help on this Gordon.

About

Avatar for tronic98776 @tronic98776 started