• Some of that is built in and other parts can be done in JS. In JS you can do it only to a certain extent and it becomes also slow, depending on the type of communication and the amount of data involved with display.

To overcome this, I used inline C. If you know the internal structure of your Espruino Graphics buffer - if there is - you can modify that. If the display holds on to the display buffer, you may extend the drivers module with code that manipulates the displays buffer. Some drivers are powerful and provide command for copying areas around, for some you have to read from one area and write to the other... and with serially connected devices and color depth other than black-and-white this can become a bit tedious.

Some of this kind of my applications are published in the forum and some not.

Most recent activities dealing w/ matrix display and shoving things around in Espruino Graphics buffer in Espruino is this Derby Race display board.

• Thanks.

To overcome this, I used inline C

Actually, I have no experience with animations on this kind of matrix displays, I just hoped it would be fast enough. I just ordered a Espruino Pixel. We will see how this works out.

About

Avatar for wklenk @wklenk started