You are reading a single comment by @dlashua and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • New to Espruino... I've searched extensively and apologize if this has been answered already.

I'm using ESP8266 (NodeMCU). After flashing the firmware (v2.01_4MB) there is no access point established by default. Of course I can connect via serial and upload JS that way.

However, I'm testing Espruino to be used with a device that I am unable to connect via serial however I am able to flash firmware using an OTA method (of course, once Espruino is flashed, that OTA method is no longer available). So I'd like to be able to flash the firmware PLUS an initial upload of JS code (similar to E.setBootCode() functionality). Can this be done?

espruino cli tools allow me to minify JS to HEX code. And the non-combined download directory for 2.01 shows an esp_init_data_default.bin which makes me think this is possible. But I can't seem to connect the dots to turn the hex file into something that can be flashed.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

About

Avatar for dlashua @dlashua started