You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Just a quick heads up for those interested. I've been searching for cheap nRF52832 based fitness tracker with color screen. Recently I found GT-101 on FCC site These are typically on Aliexpress around $15 or also on Gearbest when it is in sale. However it is currently available here for $12.63 (or with additional $2 store discount when getting two for $23.26). I do not know the seller and just ordered so I can't confirm it is a real thing so it is up to you.
    It was already reverse engineered by one guy, see photos here and it was confirmed this is using signed firmware so one needs to open every piece to reflash it (swd points are under LCD). Sadly this looks like a norm nowadays. Interesting is that it has additional SPI flash on board for extra storage. So I will report once I receive it and take it apart and flash it with Espruino :-)

And BTW there is another one which is more expensive - IWOWN I6 HR C which is also nRF52832 and is interesting because of two touch areas so it allows scrolling. This one typically sell for ~$20, e.g. here It was also reverse engineered by same guy

This may be great choice for those not as price sensitive as me :-) Again this needs swd flashing due to signed firmware however it is said to be opened easily with just fingernail (SWD test points are also below LCD).

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started