• @Robin,

of course... I guess the benefit not having retired yet is being protected from getting even more busy...

Which means when reading between the words (of this one liner above - that's why I cannot say ...reading between the lines): trigger has already fired, I have to confess... and more than 12 months a ago... even to the point that the hardware is sitting around, and bits and pieces of the whole project are done, like the all display and keyboard entry stuff... except putting it all together and getting a phone SW w/ BLE and WiFi did just not happen yet... (trigger: https://hackaday.com/tag/zerophone/?fbcl­id=IwAR0V09RY7w_uFKXX1hzeZkTcQwdP2558foM­9do4jpLTVt49gok0SbllHqNU) - 9/2017 - The phone *** I *** hack!

1 Attachment

• ThePhoneIHack.jpg
  • Sat 2019.03.23

Well @allObjects you never cease to amaze me! On my hunch to presume you may tinker with the idea, I now find you are half way to that goal, and you even beat my impossible deadline by responding Before that imposed tomorrow twenty four hour limit!! I bow to the Espruino master!!

'and getting a phone SW w/ BLE and WiFi did just not happen yet...'

Was the plan to create an Espruino flavor (re: SW) and not follow the Hackaday outline in #4 link above?

I'm concerned about purchasing the SIM900 in N.A. for reasons in #3 above, with only around ten plus months of 2G SMS access remaining (T-Mobile only) and 3G in process of phase out. By the time I'd get stuff together, the hardware will be obsolete. Have you seen other alternatives to those I pointed out in #3?

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started