RAK8212 SMS problem

Posted on
  • there is one error "Uncaught ATE0 ERROR undefined " when we tested SMS funtion, anybody can help?

• Are you running off a battery? If you just power it from 3.3v (or the dev board) the modem gets no power so doesn't work.

• I am using Battery 18650, 3.7V 3600maAH , so it's not power problem.

• Did you use the exact code from: https://www.espruino.com/RAK8212#sms

Or did you modify it somehow?

• we used the same codes as above, finally we found the error also was caused by sim card socket ,there is no any error if we push SIM card. but we still can not send out SMS or received SMS . can you confirm BG96 can work in Singapore?

• we confirmed we can use the same SIM card to send /receive SMS on hand-phone

• You're better off asking RAK Wireless for support on stuff like this - that's definitely more of a hardware question.

• we bought new RAK8212 board, now still can not send out /receive SMS . there have error " CMGL ERROR Test mmmm ", sometimes there is no any error but also can not send out /receive SMS .

• What changed between:

finally we found the error also was caused by sim card socket ,there is no any error if we push SIM card

and

we bought new RAK8212 board, now still can not send out /receive SMS

It seems that a week ago you had this working fine?

• not, it only can run /but get error messages. The old board got a lot of exceptions since the SIM card contact point not good

• I just tested yet again with mine, and it works fine.

I imagine the problem is that your SIM card is an NB-IoT SIM that doesn't support SMS text messages.

Maybe try a SIM card from your phone?

• My SIM Card is CAT-M1, I can use it to send out /receive SMS on the Hand-phone

• Once such errors occur to me, it means that it is a sign that I don't have longer use my number. How do I know this isn't a scam or something?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

RAK8212 SMS problem

Posted by Avatar for user97438 @user97438

Actions