• Not working

Did you try an official build, or it was just what you built yourself? If you didn't make clean that'd have caused all kinds of issues.

But basically what I've done sets the creation time just fine, it just doesn't touch the modified time?

fs.statSync

I haven't heard of many people using it, but the current behaviour wasn't intentional - could you send a PR? :)

3 SPI as supported by the nRF52832

Does it work ok? I was pretty sure that the SPI and I2C hardware was shared, so you couldn't use both at the same time (hence me only exposing one of each rather than trying to check which one was in use).

https://infocenter.nordicsemi.com/pdf/nR­F52832_PS_v1.3.pdf section 15.2 - Peripherals with shared ID

Realistically software SPI's pretty speedy though, and since the MCU is just sitting there waiting for the hardware to finish you're not saving a bunch of time by using hardware.

1MHz

100kHz default is because SPI has to talk to lots of stuff. Generally most people start off wiring stuff to Espruino with long wires or a breadboard (or both) and then even 1MHz is pushing it - and it's obviously bad news if comms to the SD card is unreliable.

On the original Espruino board (the only one with an SD socket on board) we run it at 4MHz. You'll probably find that with larger writes the higher baud rate really does pay off.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started