• I thought about that after I had to add so many more stages to get 10V. Since this is only the supply of a followup circuit - an non-inverting op amp as dc amplifier with hf=3 - and the results with load look so bleak, I question the setup.

The hint about wiring a non-AC - DC - source to a voltage multiplier I got from article abuyt DC VOLTAGE CONVERTER CIRCUITS of the nutsvolts.com magazine site.

It starts out with a NE555 timer / square wave signal generator driving two stages - figure 6 (see 1st attachment) - but not very effective when looking at the supply voltage... ;-)... though completely explainable: the 'AC full swing' is about 10V 'PEP' - the DC of the supply - which is effectively only about 5V nominal AC and results - with the losses - in 8.4V.

I notice also that in Fig. 8 of this article, the C is 'always' based on the input / DC square wave (see 2nd attachment). I did not try that yet because it could because I don't if it is save, since this is then all connected to the Espruino micro controller pin. If no issue, one could get 'faster' - with less stages and thus less loss to the desired voltages.

PS: Interesting is that this article in nutsvolts.com online magazine has also a circuitry for creating NEGATIVE voltages: figure 9 (see 3rd attachment)

3 Attachments

• voltageMultiplierBasic.png
    • voltageMultiplier.png
    • voltageMultiplierNEGATIVE.png
About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started