You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Is there an event that occurs when the board detects a "powering off" state?

Not sure I understand. There's NRF.on('disconnect' but you're already handling that?

Is it preferable to use the startBonding method of connection or is just using bluetoothdevice.connect() is fine/similar/the same?

startBonding should try and set up a secure connection between the two devices, otherwise someone could 'spy' on the traffic between the two devices with a suitable radio. In practise very few people use encrypted links and it's not like you really care if anyone knows how far you pressed the trigger down - personally I'd say don't bother.

I am hoping that the connection is stable even in less than ideal connections (I.E. downtown SF where there is a lot of random RF everywhere.)

Only way is to test, but I think it should be pretty good.

I've done stuff with them in some ridiculously bad areas - like 300 people in one room, each of which has at least 2 bluetooth LE devices, and everything is still pretty solid.

Advertising can be a bit more touch a go (still not bad) but once you've got a connection it frequency hops and does seem to be very resilient.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started