You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • /*...*/ is the perfect way to do inline documentation... some doc tool compose html doc of this information.

Having above out the way, lets look at some details.

As this conversation shows, it is badly manufactured hardware. Taking a closer look at can though fix the issue... I got numerous RFID HW modules going with the given Espruino RFID SW module and there is no complaint what so ever...

Sometimes the best approach is to take everything apart, forget the experience back to the begin of starting with the subject matter. Then switch everything off and on again. Then make sure you have the most recent Espruino update flashed (which you did). After that, go methodically step by step forward and put the things together. Do not think about any short cut even though in the past they worked.

If things just don't want to budge, take the unminified module and put it inline with your (test) code, because as many rules are true, this one is as well: nobody ever has proved that a particular SW piece is error free, because errors are like truly new viruses: until they get active - for what ever reason - they cannot be detected... Whit that I say: it is possible that there is an error in the module... and there could even be one with the hardware, and with that I also allow an STM32X4... chip appliance not doing its job anymore because it is blown up... (recently I experienced- at least it felt that way - that A8 on a PICO could not do PWM anymore... it made logically no sense, but I switched to another pin and I could move forward... I did not go back and validate, because at that point in time there was just no need to. But I will remember when using that pin on that board again for PWM and will take a closer look then.)

With the code inline, you can do some debugging w/ Espruino IDE debugger, and you can also add console logging to see what's going on.

This source for you code example LGTM - nicely documented.

What can help to help you in this matter is to attach a pic of your hardware setup... With a close enough crisp shot, hardware issues - board or wiring - can be detected as well. Another thing to remember is that breadboards and jumper wires sometimes quit their job or do it fluky / unreliably...

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started