You are reading a single comment by @Shane.au.wade and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I am in the final stages of the creation of my Esk8 remote. I've built the hardware, created a simple UI, and now I need to write the bluetooth communication.

I need some advice on how to create a bonded connection. I understand how promises work and the basic syntax of using nrf.connect().then.... to get the gatt and services/characteristics.

Is there an easy way to read/write a value of characteristic without using that long syntax? Can I go through the pairing/bonding process, save the characteristic object to a variable (i.e. char = characteristic returned) and just call char.writeValue(data) to update the characteristic?

Additionally, what is the reccomened transmitter/reciever setup? Should the reciever read a changing characteristic on the remote or should the remote(transmitter) write a value to a characteristic/service on the reciever?

To give more detail, the remote uses a hall effect sensor to detect the throttle position and I need to send a value to the reciever and then send a pwm signal to the ESC based on the throttles position.

Any help with this project would be appreciated.

4 Attachments

• 20190116_191509.jpg
    • 20190116_175509.jpg
    • 20190116_215111.jpg
    • IMG_20190203_210318_420.jpg
About