Upgrading Firmware with WebIDE Error

Posted on
  • Hello, I am trying to upgrade firmware on a new puck.js. This is what i am getting in Chrome Console.

index.js:78249 >>> Updating application: espruino_2v01_puckjs_app.bin...
    index.js:78249 connected to gatt server
    index.js:78249 found DFU service
    index.js:78249 found 2 characteristic(s)
    index.js:78249 found packet characteristic
    index.js:78249 found control characteristic
    index.js:78249 enabled control notifications
    index.js:78249 transferring init
    index.js:78249 >>> Uploading...
    index.js:78249 crc32 not found, skipping CRC check
    index.js:78249 written 136 bytes
    index.js:78249 transfer complete
    index.js:78249 transferring firmware
    index.js:78249 written 4096 bytes
    index.js:78249 written 8192 bytes
    index.js:78249 written 12288 bytes
    index.js:78249 written 16384 bytes
    /ide/#:1 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException

It appears to break at this stage. And i cannot get the device to work since this.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Dan

• The crc32 warnings shouldn't be a problem - unfortunately it looks like the actual error message never got printed, but most likely it was a Bluetooth-related error. What type of computer are you using (Mac/PC/etc)?

Did this just happen once, or have you tried it multiple times and you get the same error each time? Even though the Puck isn't working now, the upload process won't touch the bootloader, so it isn't 'bricked' - a successful flash will fix everything.

When you start the Puck up holding the button down, does the green LED light up brightly, or is it reasonably dim? This sort of error could just be down to having a flat battery.

While you say it's new Puck, very occasionally it seems the batteries do have issues - or if you started the Puck up, ran some code that used a lot of power and then left it overnight, that could have flattened it quickly as well.

If you have an Android or Apple phone, maybe you could try using the NRF Connect app instead? http://www.espruino.com/Puck.js#firmware­-updates

While the IDE version is definitely more convenient, the NRF Connect app is a very tried and tested method that I think most people use.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Upgrading Firmware with WebIDE Error

Posted by Avatar for user97840 @user97840

Actions