You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Robin I don't believe your previous problems with the Pico and with file loading from projects have any relation to @massive's issue - he's not using USB or Projects. I believe I also fixed the issue you had with the Pico months ago.

@massive as Robin says if you're getting Bluetooth disconnects it's definitely worth checking your battery - when you get a connection you can try Puck.getBatteryPercentage() which should return a number from 0 to 100. Anything below about 40 and you're on borrowed time.

You could also try using the latest firmware (2v01 at the time of writing). 2v00 implemented some power saving functionality that detected a lack of usage and slowed down the connection to save power, however I noticed that on some computer/ide versions the transmission was slow enough that it wasn't able to kick the Puck back into a high-power mode. Version 2v01 is much more sensitive and has really improved that.

You could try running the command NRF.setConnectionInterval(7.5) on the Puck and see if that helps (it'll disable any power saving and will swap straight to the high power mode)

Another potential issue is that most computers share the aerial for WiFi and Bluetooth. While it's not normally an issue, if you have loads of WiFi traffic that could interfere with Bluetooth?

For instance I did a presentation where I had to mirror my whole screen onto the projector over WiFi. While doing that the communications over Bluetooth was slow and unreliable, but the second I stopped streaming it was fine even though WiFi was still enabled.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started