Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • You were so close!

It's basically the same:

Subscribe to /ble/data/c7:f9:36:dd:b0:ca/nus/nus_rx
    Send a message to /ble/notify/c7:f9:36:dd:b0:ca/nus/nus_rx­ - can contain anything
    Send "\x10Bluetooth.println(E.getTemperature(­))\n" to /ble/write/c7:f9:36:dd:b0:ca/nus/nus_tx

You should get /ble/data/c7:f9:36:dd:b0:ca/nus/nus_rx => "23\r\n"

• what about the result from the function, i.e i want to send ack back .

also i am having issue publishing on the nodered from another lan machine

• maybe i should rephrase my last message,

what is the best way to execute a function within the puck and get a response

• Any function with a return will give you a response to console. So will Bluetooth.println as per Gordon's post not both execute the function and send the returned response? That's the behaviour I would expect.

• Yes - instead of "\x10Bluetooth.println(E.getTemperature(­))\n" just do "\x10Bluetooth.println(yourfunction())\n­"

It's all basically just the same as I'd explained earlier when you were trying with Python

• thanks, so i have tried the following and it works but i do receive an echo of the input command. so i tried with the \x10, but this does not work, however i receive the following echoed back.

when issuing the following command

"beam(sleep)\n"

i get

{"topic":"/ble/data/d8:19:e7:5b:3a:57/nu­s/nus_rx","payload":"beam(sleep)\r\n","q­os":0,"retain":false,"_msgid":"2846d788.­245218"}

and

{"topic":"/ble/data/d8:19:e7:5b:3a:57/nu­s/nus_rx","payload":"=\"testing\"\r\n>",­"qos":0,"retain":false,"_msgid":"3714119­6.ec66fe"}

however when issuing the following command to rid of the echoed command

"\x10beam(sleep)\n"

i only get

{"topic":"/ble/data/d8:19:e7:5b:3a:57/nu­s/nus_rx","payload":"\"\x10beam(sleep)\n­\"","qos":0,"retain":false,"_msgid":"721­7a5c4.d44c8c"}

• the following seems to works. all good thanks

\x10Bluetooth.println(beam(mycool))\n

• In case anyone needs it, the Python code to transmit and receive is now at:

http://www.espruino.com/Interfacing#pyth­on

As is code in Node.js

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview