• Thr 2019.01.17

'I2C? I2C can't be used for neopixels'

Bullet #3 in post #6 indicates I2S But, searching the Pixl.js page only brought up the references to I2C, so I made the (false) assumption that 'S' was a typo as I had gotten the Neopixels to illuminate while realizing software SPI isn't what is controlling the output as the testing in #4 above shows. Bullet #3 led me to understand it was I2C.

So, is an explanation for I2S (for Neopixels) needed for nRF52 chips in those pages as this (I2S) is a new mystery feature?

Note that I couldn't test the following as I didn't have an MDBT42Q at the time and as the Pixl has a 150ms limit on it's regulator and level shifting is required should I use Neopixels at 5V with an external supply, was stuck with what I could garner from the docs

from #7 'Does infinite I2C then mean more than one Neopixel string may be configured?'

This still doesn't answer the question as to the number of Neopixel channels(? strings?) for a single device when using Neopixels via software (nRF52).

ex: A Pico has 3 hardware SPI MOSI pins that could control three Neopixel strings and no ability via software SPI. But nRF52 via software?

The note at the Python build files show 1

'Reduce available hardware SPI/I2C instances to 1 on nRF52 (since this…'

and there isn't a reference to I2S there either.

So, would it be correct to say only one Neopixel string may be configured (using internal software I2S) on any pin for nRF52 chips?

IMO the table in #8 could have device by name descriptors to the far left as I indicated in #7 as I, and maybe others don't relate to the devices the same as designers do. Maybe that gets ironed out using them for five years? When using a device, I don't think I'm using my STM32 but think Pico, then look at the Pico.js page to see what processor it is to then determine whether hardware SPI is available, the same way I'm trying to learn what Pixl.js possesses.

About