• Just to confirm:

• nRF52 chips with Espruino do have hardware SPI (on any pin)
    • They also have software SPI (on any pin)
    • SPI isn't used at all for neopixel support on nRF52 - it's something called I2S (but that is also available on any pin)

If the neopixel docs (eg http://www.espruino.com/Reference#neopix­el) or the WS2812 page could be improved to make it more obvious then I'm definitely open to pull requests :)

But at the end of the day, it's worth just trying and seeing - even if nothing is connected, require("neopixel").write should give you an error if it thinks it can't use the supplied pin.

• Wed 2019.01.16

Thank you for the confirmation, @Gordon

The third bullet needs just one final tweak. My take on the documentation is that there is one and only one UART SPI and I2C that can be configured.

Clarification is needed on the 'and infinite software SPI and I2C' part.

Does 'infinite I2C' then mean more than one Neopixel string may be configured? (no? as infinite other I2C devices %could% be configured, e.g. 'available', but only one Neopixel reference allowed? as limited by internal hardware/software design)

As a suggestion, what about a table for Neopixels that shows functionality?

On leftmost Y-Axis, the devices and adjacent to that the processors. Along the X-Axis, (numb) Hdwr SPI, Software SPI, Software I2C

ex: For Neopixel - 'inf' means infinite available but not for Neopixel - use I2C

Pico STM32 |   3   -   -
    Pixl  nRF52  |   - inf  1

About