• I have a few different issues regarding puck.js and SIM 800L module. The first issue is that if I power down the puck (remove the power from the VCC pin, and power it back up, it does not run the initialization code from onInit(). I have tried both onInit() and Save on Send option (w/o) onInit() and neither appear to work. I have to reconnect the puck to the web bluetooth and re-install the code. Please see the SMS.js file attached, which is essentially the same exact code that was provided in the 'Control Bluetooth Lights with SMS' tutorial.

The second issue that I have is that adding a function in the sms.init section causes the sensor(I've tried both PIR and Microwave sensors) to go crazy and appears to keep the pin on as high level even when motion is not detected, sending me multiple texts. I am sure that I am probably doing something wrong here that needs corrected. I have included the PIR.js file as well for review.

A few other things to mention, for the PIR and Microwave sensor, I have ensured to place these on a separate power rail and have a filter cap between VCC and Ground rails. I have tried both 3.3 and 5 volts for both of the sensors as well. Additionally, if I just load up a .js file to test the sensor (without the SIM 800L module in the code, but still connected to the puck) then they work and properly log when motion is detected.

Additionally, I had to revert the firmware from v2.00 to v1.99 as my puck disappeared from the Web bluetooth as a selectable device and refreshing to v2.00 still didn't get it to show. Not sure if I have a defective puck, but there have been a few quirks with it. Overall, very satisfied with it and hope to iron everything out. Thanks for any insight anyone may be able to provide and please let me know if there are any questions for me.

2 Attachments

About

Avatar for ok2chatt @ok2chatt started