You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Strange thing, after updating second watch I am experiencing random espruino restarts with it, this never happened with my first watch, I wonder if you will see it too. I have same build of espruino in my first watch since yesterday and it still shows the time when touched so it definitely did not reboot since yesterday.

Since I just unpacked it and never used it before I have reflashed it via DFU back to stock fitness app and see how it behaves when using with the mobile app for some time. This is one from my last order from gearbest, white unlabeled box and no FCC markings on the watch, previous boxes have blue mpow logo in the corner and watch has FCC markings.

EDIT:
    After some more testing looks like even the first watch restarts sometimes when I use it more. May be bluetooth related. Looks like current code build with SDK11 is not stable.
    EDIT2:
    After even more testing it looks like some temporary issue perhaps related to some leftover from running bootloader or DFU update or original firmware because it went away and no longer happens. Both watches are running espruino for 2 days and I am now running

setInterval(function(){NRF.findDevices(f­unction(d){console.log(d);})},10000)

on both watches for hours, even being connected to one of them via bluetooth console so it is sending the output of the bluetooth scan over bluetooth and it is rock solid. And it also runs my simple clock code (touch button to show date/time/voltage) so in addition to bluetooth it uses HW SPI and button interrupt.

So if it happens to you let me know and see if it goes away after some time or after draining the battery and clean poweron. It is definitely no excuse to not try Espruino on DS-D6 now ;-)

EDIT3:
    Looks like it was watchdog, DFU bootloader probabaly enables it. After it restarted the RESETREAS register - peek32(0x40000400).toString(16) prints value 6 so soft rest and watchdog reset ocurred.

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started