You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Ic. It is not directly USB (computer) to USB (watch), but USB (computer) to USB-Serial (converter, RX/TX levels set to 3.3V) - USB (watch), latter connection as described in ...#serial-dfu-procedure.

I'll try first the one that has BLE phone connection issues. It is carried around by my spouse... to count steps... and miraculously: knitting stitches/loops... so easy to fool the step counter. We had a great laugh when we detected numbers of steps she could for sure not have made in the time observed. When knitting, she puts it away to not get 'alternate facts'.

I'll let you know in a bit (after hitting the sack).

• It is not directly USB (computer) to USB (watch), but USB (computer) to USB-Serial (converter, RX/TX levels set to 3.3V

Yes, exactly. Also the serial console in espruino is on same pins, speed is 38400. Or you can use bluetooth - Espruino Web IDE or same android app - just switch the service ids back from custom to nordic style serial.

Also I wonder how many creative ways people find to lock themselves out - possibly turning off bluetooth (NRF.sleep()) with combination of serial power saving feature is one of them :-)

BTW, after flashing espruino there is no special DS-D6 code present. You just get espruino serial and bluetooth console. My current WIP code you can use as a start is here https://gist.github.com/fanoush/ce461c73­c299834bcb53a615721b5a2e I just paste it into console. However so far I was mostly figuring out this low level stuff so I did not have time for some real Espruino coding.

EDIT some photos from updating second (unopened) watch to espruino
    dfu-serial-updating.jpg

• I'll let you know in a bit (after hitting the sack).

So did you try?

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started