Button used 150 uA of Power using setWatch()

Posted on
  • Is there a better way to configure the button to use less power? Using setWatch() I'm getting about 150 uA using the Nordic Power Profiler which seems high for a button. Is the chip polling at a high frequency?

• Hi - which device are you using? Puck.js? And do you have up to date firmware?

The (measured) figures I have for power consumption are: http://www.espruino.com/Puck.js#power-co­nsumption

So you'd expect 12uA if watching the button with no advertising, or around 25uA watching the button with advertising, which would be the default (there is no polling at all as the button monitoring is done with hardware).

• Thanks for your feedback. I'm using the module breakout board with the bleeding edge firmware. Good to know what it should be, I'll double check the power usage with a simple setWatch test with no advertising.

• Yes, the module breakout should be similar (I think the voltage regulator adds somewhere around 5uA).

The 150uA draw sounds suspiciously like you might still be connected to Bluetooth LE? That would increase power draw (although on 2v00 firmwares it'll automatically enter a low power connection mode after a minute or so of inactivity)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Button used 150 uA of Power using setWatch()

Posted by Avatar for noahneibaron @noahneibaron

Actions