• Some boards have plenty of save pages, so why not store modules in Storage?

There is a conversation about a plugin for loading modules to flash initiated by @Polypod based on @tve Moar space for code and @Wilberforce Flash storage Module

Any volunteers for working on this kind of plugin?

• Hi - I don't think this is particularly ESP8266 specific, and it's probably more relevant now we can save saved code that auto-runs in .boot0/1/2/3 as well. Do you want to move this to the main forum?

From my point of view, it'd be nice to:

• Try and integrate this in a way that fits in with the look & feel of the rest of the IDE
    • Make sure it works online, via the Windows Native App, and the Chrome web app
    • Have the ability to choose a file to edit (so you could create a project, but could then have the editor window allowing you to edit a module in that project)
    • Maybe have an option for image conversion (to convert PNG/JPEG to bitmaps)
    • Maybe have an option for Wave file conversion
    • Maybe have an option to use Espruino v2's Heatshrink compression

I guess some of this comes down to whether we try and handle files better in the Web IDE as well (multiple tabs, automatic saving, maybe having a filesystem online, or GitHub/Google Drive/etc integration)

• Do you want to move this to the main forum?

Yes please

• Just to add I've also been asked about adding this functionality for the Command-line app as well (although I'm not 100% sure how it'd work). It would definitely make sense to have a common 'Storage' API in EspruinoTools for listing/reading/writing and that's something I could add quite easily.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

What about a WebIDE plugin enhancement to load modules into Storage

Posted by Avatar for MaBe @MaBe

Actions