You are reading a single comment by @Rovale and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thr 2018.11.29

Seeking clarification from someone with ESP32 experience please.

I have minimal knowledge of the ESP32 and have no practical experience using it. As a total noob, just trying to understand the event unfolding process of this thread here.

Correct me if I mis-understand the following please, as I'm adding to my knowledge base:

My understanding is the ESP32 is a 'category' representing many manufactures of board derivations. Specifically the Tensilica Xtensa LX6 microprocessor.

ref https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESP32

There are several individuals, whose input is used to create a port of Espruino for the ESP32 and a few of the many board possibilities are supported. Their efforts are to be commended for the resultant work that Espruino on ESP32 is what it is today. Thank you.

Rovale was able to use analogWrite() successfully on a separate Xtensa board,

ref #5 'on an ESP8266 which works as expected'

ref #1 The stated issue is, with an 'Widora air'

http://www.espruino.com/Other+Boards

which doesn't appear to be a known working (tested on) board, unless one forms the opinion that any Xtensa board has to work as it is listed as an ESP32

Wikipedia also indicates 'Compact ESP32 development board'

This implies to me a limited instruction set or limited hardware feature list.

From Issue 1574

'It seems DAC does not work on the espruino_2v00_esp32'

As that code snippet worked on another type of ESP32 using Espruino 2v0, isn't the above statement from the filed issue, pointing the finger at the wrong culprit, e.g. isn't this a hardware issue on a non-tested, non-supported board instead?

Shouldn't it state something along the line of that the issue is with a specific board manufacturer, rather than an issue with the Espruino source?

About

Avatar for Rovale @Rovale started