• I purchased an Espruino WiFi board, and am trying to install the NPM Espruino command-line module on Linux Mint 19.

I am having trouble installing the package, and believe it is Linux related. It appears to be having an issue installing one of the dependencies (serialport).

I have attached the output log for your review.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

1 Attachment

• Hi,

I've never seen that before at all - it looks like you've got some kind of 'security audit' installed as well as NPM?

I don't see any actual errors from NPM, just the security audit.

Is it possible there were other errors, and you just included the wrong log file?

• Hi Gordon,

I am helping AJ on this issue, and you are correct that he attached the wrong log file. He sent you the output of an "npm audit". I have attached the output of the npm install command.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

1 Attachment

• Hello @Gordon,

Here is my current attempt in installing the latest Espruino "0.1.20".

Thank you for any guidance,
    AJ

1 Attachment

• It looks like the root of the problem stems from a missing file or directory "ENOENT".

Thank you for your time,
    AJ

1 Attachment

• The error says that this is missing:

/home/aj/Espruino/getHub/package.json

Do you have a package.json in the getHub folder?

• @Wilberforce,

Thank you for noticing. I had needed to move down one more directory, but I am still getting a long error output when trying to npm install in the correct directory. Attached is the output.

Thank you,
    AJ

1 Attachment

• It looks like node v10 issue - see https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoTool­s/issues/86

@Gordon Hopefully it should be possible to use newer versions of serialport?

• Thanks - given all the posts asking about it I imagine it's the Node 10 issue. Are you on Node 10?

I just installed Node 10 and unfortunately it seems that I can't find any version of serialport that will install. Let's discuss it on that GitHub issue.

• This is in fact an issue with Node v10. Installing Node v8 resolved my issue.

Thank you to everyone that gave this attention,
    AJ

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Trouble installing Espruino NPM command-line module on Linux

Posted by Avatar for aj @aj