ESP32 BLE NRF.setAdvertising() -> FIXME

Posted on
  • Hi everyone! Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?
    Code below returns:
    >FIXME WARNING: check error not implemented yet:0
    and sometimes:
    WARNING: update connetion params status = 0, min_int = 0, max_int = 0,conn_int = 6,latency = 0, timeout = 500

setInterval(function() {
      NRF.setAdvertising({
        0x1809 : [95]
      });
    }, 3000);

Firmware espruino_2v00_esp32 and espruino_2v00.90_esp32

• You're not doing anything wrong - these are warnings because the Bluetooth LE support on ESP32 is currently a work in progress. It may still be working regardless though.

If you want proper reliable Bluetooth LE support at the moment, please buy one of the official Bluetooth Espruino boards like:

Some people say 'they don't have WiFi'. You can connect a $3 ESP8266 ESP01 WiFi module to any of those boards with 4 wires and get WiFi.

• Thanks Gordon for reply. I thought that I did something wrong because I could not find my esp32 with NRF Connect. But the thing was that I looked for MAC that I got from NRF.getAddress() -> "de:ad:de:ad:de:ad". In fact esp32 advertising with MAC from getSerial() -> "30aea488-a16c" -> 30:ae:a4:88:a1:6c.
    I just trying esp32, that is not mine by the way :), as starting point. So if I'll start some serious project I'll definitely buy one of your official boards to have more reliable BLE support and help the Espruino Project. But I can't afford it now.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

ESP32 BLE NRF.setAdvertising() -> FIXME

Posted by Avatar for Engineer @Engineer

Actions