You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Ahhh,

'I was evading hardware fixes is that all my components are SMD'

Had a hunch that might have been the reason. Did my prototyping with a breadboard, so made a false assumption there. Might have been what @allObjects was thinking in #2 above also re:TO-92. Now I look at my strip and the SMD stuff there and have to agree, not easy. If fact near impossible?

' I am using my own board'

So does this board then only use hardware SPI ? e.g. is it capable of software SPI ?

' I feel that there is nothing left to try with the software part'

Do you agree with my #18 assessment based on the article pp and datasheet data zero and data one diagram?

• Do you agree with my #18 assessment

Absolutely. Thinking on how to add one more transistor on each line there. There is enough room, but I want to minimize the mess.

So does this board then only use hardware SPI? e.g. is it capable of software SPI?

I have no idea. The datasheet says that there is an SPI on the B5 pin. I am using Espruino's SPI.setup function. When I use it on the B5 port it is ok. When I use it on B6 port there is an error "ERROR: Pin B6 is not capable of SPI1 MOSI". I don't know what characteristics a port should have to be capable of a software SPI. As I mentioned earlier, there is this line in Espruino's 2.0 update notes:

Software Serial Transmit and Receive on any pin

Isn't this an SPI? This looks very promising.

About