You are reading a single comment by @veryalien and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I'm interested in driving raspberry pi HATs , pHATs, and other accessories with Espruino.

The pixl.js has Arduino shield compatible headers (my pixl.js has just been ordered), but I was thinking I could do something similar with my Pico and my large collection of raspberry pi HATs.

pinout.xyz has lots of useful HAT pin and driver info and the hacker breakout boards should make it easy to connect everything properly.

Has anyone done something with directly connecting espruino and HATs? It's probably not exactly rocket science. The trick is obviously just getting all the right pins in all the right places at both ends and setting up module code correctly (and making sure not to put 5V and 3V3 in the wrong places!). I was thinking that I could reuse shared espruino code from other people if they've already connected successfully to particular HATs.

Many of the HATs have pretty standard sensors or chips to drive the relevant HAT hardware, some of these devices have already got espruino modules, so I'm surprised that I can't find anything about interfacing to them when they are built into HATs. Lots of them are just I2C devices which shouldn't be that complicated to get working. Of course the de facto way of interfacing on the Pi is to use python, so some conversion to espruino will be needed.

I've been looking around the Espruino forum and I can't find anyone else trying to do this. I might be looking in the wrong places?!
    EDIT: I've now found some, but really not that much, info regarding using espruino with Arduino shields, so perhaps people are just working at the module level and the wiring is an exercise for the student?

Has anyone already done something similar with raspberry HATs? If so, please let me know.

About

Avatar for veryalien @veryalien started