• Seeedstudio's Air602 Wifi module - could that be a next candidate for an Espruino port?

The Air602 is a 2.4G Wi-Fi module - https://www.seeedstudio.com/Air602-WiFi-­Module-p-3139.html - based on the embedded Wi-Fi SoC chip (W600) with a 12-pin Stamp Hole Expansion Interface. Miracly, it is even smaller than a stamp. It's only 12mm*10mm, small but complete, it offers a rich interface and complete functionality. This module support IEEE802.11b/g/n and Lua + AT command.

The module has an M3 ARM processor - like the Original Espruino board - but from Winner Micro.

Air602 has still to grow up... but it can skip 'the offs' AI Thinker made and go straight for the ESP8266 validated applications.

A nice review with details on CNXSOFT – EMBEDDED SYSTEMS NEWS site.

1 Attachment

• Air602_WinnerMicroWifiSOC.png
  • It definitely looks like an interesting device, and at a good price too. Having said that, the module is small partially because it doesn't contain an aerial - which would make it a bit of a nightmare to use. I'm sure someone will be around with a version with an aerial soon.

Very interesting about the built-in Lua though. Nice to see some manufacturers making the effort to actually ship with an easy to use interpreted language, rather than relying on the community.

I guess the question is whether it'll really add much over the ESP8266 - the lack of external flash chip should help with power consumption and final cost though I guess.

• Quite a while ago I played around with 'this little ESP8266 guy...'; but could not get it to work as desired... - not so the RF part, but just to properly communicate. May be I give it another shot. Pls do not inspect the soldering points... :/

1 Attachment

• ESP-xx.jpg
  • wow! sometimes I think stuff like that probably needs a capacitor soldered directly onto it - I've had trouble doing similar things without them because of the wire resistance :)

• espruino for w600 framework.that is bate version

1 Attachment

• Wow, do you like to share more details?

• Of course, I will submit the results of the porting to github as soon as possible.

• Regarding capacitor and - finally - working: see Espruino on ESP8266 ESP-09 - 1 powerful cm2

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Seeedstudio Air602 Wifi Module - formidable competitor to ESP266?

Posted by Avatar for allObjects @allObjects

Actions