• @Gordon: Thanks for you quick reply. I was out-of-the-office for a bit, hence this delayed response.

Per you request, I updated the espruino package to ver 0.1.14, and experienced mixed results.

• GREAT: I can now require more than one module. Previously a rogue "d" was prefixed to the "Modules" reference generating the following run-time error. However this has been fixed with the 0.1.14 release ... I no longer receive this error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: "dModules" is not defined
      at line 1 col 10
      dModules.addCached("TestMod3","print('ex­panding TestMod3.js...

• PROBLEM: I still am not able to place an else clause on a second line when the code is expended in-line. Here is the run-time error:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Got else expected EOF
      at line 2 col 1
      else {
      ^

My full code can be found here:

Here are some points of interest and/or questions:

1. Why is it that I do not experience this problem with the IDE? I was under the impression that this was the same code.

2. It appears to me that the "else on a subsequent line" is only a problem for code expanded in-line. I do not experience this issue when the code is contained in a function definition.

Does this make sense?

I can work around this issue by placing my in-line code in an IIFE:

(function () {
         ... my in-line code here
       })();

Evidently espruino does not have to do anything special in regard to cr/lf for code contained with function definitions.

Would it make sense for espruino to wrap any code it is sending to the board in an IIFE, rather that attempting to identify/react to special cases like this?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kevin>

1 Attachment

About

Avatar for KevinAst @KevinAst started