• ...that's a regular behavior and thus already a good sign.

Now push and hold the button while plugin-in the cable and let button go as soon as you see LED(s) flashing. If the red and green flash alternating like the lights at a rail road crossing, your PICO is ready for accepting firmware update.

In IDE, click settings- FLASHER - Flash Firmware

1. When FIRMWARE UPDATE pop-up w/ Espruino Board drop-down list shows, pick Espruino Pico... and click Next

2. When FIRMWARE UPDATE pop-up w/ firmware options drop-down list shows, pick WIZNet... and click Next (It may not matter to you (yet) what you pick, but you have to pick one... ;) )

3. When FIRMWARE UPDATE pop-up w/ request to put board into bootloader mode, just click Next, because your board IS already in bootloader mode... ;)

4. When SELECT A Port... pop-up shows, pick and click the one that shows something w/ COM# or usbmodem and Espruino board - or a-like (COM# Espruino board for Windows, /dev/cu.usbmodem14111 Espruino board for OS X, Linux,...)

5. When FIRMWARE UPDATE pop-up w/ The Firmware was updated successfully ! shows, you are done. Since there is no reset button on Pico, just unplug the board and click Next.

6. Replug and connect and you should be fine.

Between the steps things happen, like reading what board is connected, downloading the firmware from espruino.com - requires to be connected to the internet, erasing the flash and writing the new, downloaded Firmware. etc.

As @Gordon pointed out for Windows, you have to have some driver installed. I assume that you have done that and are already able to connect to the board... otherwise, how would you know about the back-version 1.93... Said that, your setup should work.

Btw, found this site https://www.smart-prototyping.com/blog/A­n-Espruino-Pico-Quick-Start-Guide which shows some Windows context: COM w/ Espruino board to connect to in one of the pop-ups.

Attached is a screenshot showing the progressing firmware update in flashing phase.

1 Attachment

• flashingInProgress.png
  • thanks for the detailed advices. All these steps I have done. You wrote that I should press the button. Do you mean, that I connect the 3,3V to the golden tap (teardrop)? In this procedure nothing happens only that windows did not accept the device.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started