• Hi @Gordon,
    Sorry for the delay; other (paying) work... As it turns out, your suggestion got me to the right track inadvertently. I've had a serial-output sensor connected to Tx, Rx. When you suggested I connect to the default TX/RX, I couldn't because they were used. I think you get the picture... It was spitting out data whether or not the device was connected to Bluetooth. It appears that Espruino took it for debug port when disconnected and was sometimes messing things up when I tried to reconnect (or while disconnected).

I moved the sensor UART to a different GPIO and it seems to be much happier. Does that make sense to you?

The project is an air quality sensor made from Adafruit parts. We've had a horrible fire/smoke season on the US west coast this year, and the air quality monitoring stations are rather sparse and do not report in real time. Most of the consumer sensors are handheld with a display and a bit expensive. I now have a Bluetooth, battery powered sensor. I'll be posting it once I get it tidied up into an enclosure. Probably post it to hackaday as well so that others can use it.

Thanks!
    Bill

1 Attachment

• IMG_0199.jpg
About

Avatar for billsalt @billsalt started