You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Even though I have a better - more sophisticated and more potential bearing - solution - LORA (Simple LORA field tests)- and despite my earlier comment of being fed up / done w/ cheapo 433MHz communication devices as shown on 433.92Mhz Transmitter and Receiver, I could not completely let go...

I could not let it go because it would be nice to see it at least once transmit and receive something successfully, even though it would be only from the left side of the office table to the right side of the office table... But no, nothing at all...

So here it comes:

Using the code out of the box / off of the 433.92Mhz Transmitter and Receiver page, I get:

New interpreter error: FIFO FULL

For every second repeated transmitting the whole seconds modul0 60 with leading 0 as string I used this code:

// x433tx.js
    var txDev  = require("433");
    var txPin  = B3;   // (PICO.4, 1=GND[USB left], 3=3.3V)
    var sigLED = LED1; // red blinks while xmitting
    function txStr() { // return string "00" .. "59"
      var s = "0" + Math.floor(getTime()) % 60;
      return s.substr(s.length - 2);
    }  
    function tx() {
      if (sigLED) sigLED.set();
      s = txStr;
      txDev.tx(txPin,s, 3, function(){
        if (sigLED) sigLED.reset();
      });
    }
    function onInit() {
      pinMode(txPin,"output");
      txPin.reset();
      setInterval(tx,3000);
    }
    setTimeout(onInit,1000);

What I observed is that for the first of the every second repeated transmits, the red LED1 - indicating transmission time - is on longer...and after a while the LED1 stops coming on. So I power cycled and it worked for another set of transmissions... I did not count how many times it made it until it stopped. The transmiter

For receiving the two bytes, I used this code:

// x433rx.js
    var rxDev  = require("433");
    var rxPin  = B3;   // (PICO.4, 1=GND[USB left], 2=VBAT(5V USB), 3=3.3V)
    function rx() {
      try {
        LED2.set();
        LED1.reset();
        rxDev.rx(rxPin, function(d){
          console.log(d);
        });
      } catch(x) {
        LED1.set();
        LED2.reset();
        console.log("X: " + x);
        setTimeout(rx,100);
      }
    }
    function onInit() {
      pinMode(rxPin,"input_pulldown");
      rx();
    }
    setTimeout(onInit,1000);

No matter what I did, I get:

New interpreter error: FIFO FULL

Initially, I had no try-catch setup, to restart the transmission on a fatal error... but was surprised that this error could not be caught...

In a nutshell: no communication with the modules what so ever...

PS: Some test code on both sides - switching transmitter on for 1/2 a second every second and polling / setWatching the data pin on the receiver w/ turning on the red LED1 - showed that both transmitter and receiver sides really worked. I had two full sets of two different brands - the one shown on 433.92Mhz Transmitter and Receiver Espruino site and better ones w/ ICs - f113 (6 pins) and 480R (8 pins) - four (4) transmitters and four (4) receivers - and they could not all be duds... no matter how dud the technologies used...

Since @DrAzzy was 'successful' according to 433mhz Espruino <-> Arduino - even though he then (later) included Arduino as a communication controller/slave - I ordered for receiver two of his recommended devices: RXB12 (see Selection of 433mhz On/Off Keyed RF transmitter and receivers, with IC SYN470R, 16 pins). Now I had three (3) brands of receivers... and still now results (with 433 module from Espruino.com/modules page).

(I guess 480R is about the same as 470R..., both SYN from Synoxo - see Synoxo - ASK/OOK RF Products, where SYN113 = f113 can be found...).

to be continued...

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started