You are reading a single comment by @billsalt and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks @Gordon! I have a capacitive sensor which ranges around 40-60 pF. I used the straight capsense using two pins with a 1M resistor and the sensor between them in series and it worked, but I wanted to understand/control its thresholds and resolution (prescaler) since the documentation is relatively meager for using it for anything other that qualitative finger presence.

This is my simple test code (I run it into Adafruit's Bluefruit for graphing):

// capsense trial...  082218
    setInterval(function() {
    //  console.log(Puck.capSense(D28, D29));
      Bluetooth.println(Puck.capSense(D28, D29));
    }, 100);

So when you say it counts up/down 100 times between logic 1 and 0, at what frequency? And from your description, it is using the definition of logic high and logic low for thresholds, correct?

I'll take a look at the NRF52LL reference. If I were to have my perfect solution, I'd be able to set thresholds so that I'm measuring proper time constants (say 2T at 86.5% or something similar). I'd also want to set the measurement/counting frequency to match the required timing/resolution.

Any thoughts or example snippets would be extremely useful as always.

About

Avatar for billsalt @billsalt started