• Puck's CR2032 has an average capacity of 225mAh. Capacity is measured with (usually) 10% load, which means, if you draw 22.5mA, it will last 10 hours. In low power / energy context as with Puck, load is even much less and jsut pulsed in order to have a battery last very very long.

After capacity is exhausted, voltage collapses practically completely (see datasheet).

Since the GPS needs about 60..70mA peak - you may check this with the data sheet of your GPS module - this is way too much to keep power up. You may get 2 (fresh) alkaline AA / AAA batteries and power with them the GPS. This way puck is the only one sitting on the button cell...

NOTE: With the GPS powered separately, you need then only three (3) wires between Puck and GPS: GND, RX, TX.

To use the code snippets in my previous post - #5 - you need only to connect the GNDs; and the wire on the watching / recording pin you connect to TX of the GPS module.

• You may get 2 (fresh) alkaline AA / AAA batteries and power with them the GPS. This way puck is the only one sitting on the button cell

Thank you. I am quite new at working with electronic components. Do you have a tutorial how to power the GPS module by a battery? I guess that I have to solder something to the VCC pin? Is there something that I should notice?

About

Avatar for MobiTech @MobiTech started