• Tue 2018.08.21

Summary

The ol' saying: 'Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted'

It's interesting to note that two missing slashes that weren't getting reloaded after a manual save could cause such fun! ;-)

It never becomes apparent that the last saved file is not getting reloaded, when code edits are beyond visible line 30 during app launch. It is as if a cached file image is never updated, and on relaunch that the pre-save image is used rather than the actual file content that is on disk. This actuality is what blocked me from making progress. You never see a visible change in the Right-hand pane on relaunch so most likely would never think to look lower down, further into the file to see if the changes took place. Why should one, when a save was last initiated? One expects save, well to actually save and re-launch to actually load our previously saved code.

I also had to hold down the reset button and plug the Pico in to erase, before I could successfully upload. Once at least one valid code block did upload, I was able to continue edits and upload went fine from then on.

An individual new to this environment most likely would never know what to do at this point either. I hope these last three Situation posts and this Summary will assist others, should they have the same error.

Thanks again @Gordon and @allObjects for the insight in providing enough to get me up and running. This was one heck of use of time, but did provide a wealth of Experience. . . .

About