• Tue 2018.08.21

Situation 1

A repeatable project load native IDE anomaly

Related issue but could be considered a unique new thread:

re from #6: That's not actually the code from

http://www.espruino.com/WS2811

I've discovered a near 100% repeatable anomaly with the IDE.

Create code in Right-hand pane, upload to Pico, debug-upload, then when satisfied saved file to disk. Make edits to code in Right-hand pane, save then upload. If upload progress hangs and does not complete, disconnect and close the IDE. At this point your only option. Key point: Upload Hangs

I actually commented out the offending Neopixel write and delay lines. But, . . . .

Here is where the anomaly occurs. When the IDE is relaunched, the last code edits that were saved to disk do not get loaded into the Right-hand pane, leaving the corrupt code present that then also does not completely upload to the Pico. At this point, the anomaly is 100% repeatable. If not paying attention and miss that the old code is still there as it is beyond the 30 visible lines on IDE relaunch and then fail to manually reload the file that was saved to disk, one is stuck in the inability to get any code moved on to the Pico at all. This is partially what was causing my headaches, but I am now wiser to take the extra step and reload the code from disk EVERYTIME the IDE is restarted.

Why doesn't the last saved file get loaded into the Right-hand pane on relaunch, . . . . Everytime?

Incidentally, the saved edits do appear in the ASCII file save to disk Win10 edit file reveals this fact.

Still need an explanation as to why the Pico Board Information appears to be recognized by the IDE Settings >> About, but when one attempts to connect, the error 'Unable to retrieve board information. Connection Error?' occurs. Why does the IDE understand the Pico data block but extracting that from the Pico is unsuccessful? Related to the apparent caching that occurs with the user saved code?

About