• Either the 'Native' or 'Chrome Web App' IDE should work fine for USB devices - it's just the IDE website that can't communicate with them. Baud rate doesn't matter for Espruino USB devices either.

How are you powering the 25 neopixels? 25x 60mA is 1.5 Amps, which is more than the Pico's polyfuse will take - while uploading your code it turns on all the neopixels random amounts and it's pretty likely that it'll trip that fuse and the Pico will power down, which will mess up your upload.

It's possible that could get the IDE into a bad state where it wasn't communicating properly, but I can't reproduce it here.

Have you tried uploading some more simple code? There are some issues with the code you're uploading (like writing 25 times to all the neopixels during the upload process) - it shouldn't really cause problems, but it won't be helping matters...

• Fri 2018.08.17

Thank you for responding @Gordon.

Although I hadn't indicated, it is amazing how we envision anothers project. For powering Neopixels, I knew the Pico only had a 3.3V 250mA regulated output, so that option was out. I also understood that a USB 2.0 port could only supply 500mA so might run the risk of blowing that up. Didn't want that risk, so during initial design finalization, I was able to locate a single SK6812 breakout board from DigiKey that I picked up eighteen months ago. 60mA Incidentally, I'm trying to locate that code file as it used the 'pre neopixel' module and worked fine then, to rule out the new module.

re: while uploading your code it turns on all the neopixels

Why should the Neopixels be activated during the 'upload' process? In general why would code execute during a upload/copy process?

re: There are some issues with the code you're uploading (like writing
    25 times to all the neopixels during the upload process)

Correction to link in #2 above the snippet 'random colours' is from example http://www.espruino.com/WS2811

Am I to understand that when using the upload button press process for right hand pane code blocks, that code is already executing before the upload is complete and before E.init is detected?

If True, wont that make for erractic code execution since some lines would execute before the corresponding function definition has been loaded?
    That just strikes me as being odd.

Isn't that what the E.init entry point is for, making sure that nothing else executes before the init() function?
    http://www.espruino.com/Reference#l_E_in­it

I'll continue futzin with different combinations and other code files to see if I am able to uncover any other observations.

About