• New guy alert...
    I ordered a Puck.js for a new project I am working on and have installed the Espruino Hub onto a Raspberry Pi. I can access the IDE and I can access Node-RED but when I try to connect to the Puck I get 'No ports found'. I was able to use the nRF Toolbox to upgrade the firmware on the Puck.

When I look in the console I find the following:

Handling URL "https://www.espruino.com/ide/"
    No navigator.bluetooth - Web Bluetooth not enabled
    ERROR: getURL("/serial/ports") error : Not Found
    /serial/ports doesn't exist - disabling WebSocket support
    Couldn't connect to wss://localhost:31234 - disabling websockets for this session

I followed, or at least I thought I followed the instructions to install everything onto the Pi correctly but after much reading and attempts I have not got it working.

This is what I get on the Pi when I run -

systemctl status bluetooth

● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Sat 2018-08-11 05:03:36 UTC; 8h ago

Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)

Main PID: 467 (bluetoothd)
    CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service

└─467 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

Aug 11 05:03:36 EspruinoHub systemd[1]: Starting Bluetooth service...
    Aug 11 05:03:36 EspruinoHub bluetoothd[467]: Bluetooth daemon 5.43
    Aug 11 05:03:36 EspruinoHub systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
    Aug 11 05:03:36 EspruinoHub bluetoothd[467]: Starting SDP server
    Aug 11 05:03:36 EspruinoHub bluetoothd[467]: Bluetooth management interface 1.14 initialized
    Aug 11 05:03:36 EspruinoHub bluetoothd[467]: Failed to obtain handles for "Service Changed" characteristic
    Aug 11 05:03:36 EspruinoHub bluetoothd[467]: Sap driver initialization failed.
    Aug 11 05:03:36 EspruinoHub bluetoothd[467]: sap-server: Operation not permitted (1)

I appreciate any guidance. Thank you.

• Sat 2018.08.11

Hello @PapaTech and appreciate the 'New guy alert...' ;-)

re: 'but when I try to connect to the Puck I get 'No ports found''

Although I'm not able to provide insight using the Pi or non-Win10, were you able to resolve accessing the Puck via the IDE?

BTW, the link in #1 above https://www.espruino.com/ide/, returns 404

Are you using a Bluetooth BLE dongle?
    Are you using the Native App on Win10 by chance?
    What PC O/S is the IDE running on?

https://www.espruino.com/Quick+Start+BLE­#puckjs

"Neither the Online IDE espruino.com/ide nor the Chrome Web App will work to access Bluetooth Low Energy devices on Windows unless
    you install the polyfill above. Please try the Native IDE first - this is by far the easiest option."

• Robin,
    First, thank you for your reply and wink in acknowledging my 'newbie' status.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding how this all works. I installed Espruino Hub with the IDE and Node-RED on the Raspberry Pi and can access both through the web interface of the raspberry pi. The Bluetooth, I thought is running on the Pi since I am basically remotely running the IDE from there. Maybe I am mistaken and need to install more onto my Windows 10 PC to make this work.

Are you suggesting that I need to install more onto the Windows PC since that is not in the instructions that I read.

Thanks again.

About