You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • After getting fed up with the 433MHz devices, I got myself some cool Microchip RN2309A LORAWan modules, some @DrAzzy Hw and some 'scrap' things. For transmission antenna I used a DiY 1/4 Wave Ground Plane Antenna w/ 4 Aerials and for reception just the Wip part of it - made from stripped 12/3 Romex Electrical Wire. See attached pictures.

After getting TX-RX and RX-TX right - happens in the best houses - and tests diagonally in 3 dimensions through the house, I put the transmitting station on a window sill ((grand)children books are good for leveling... ;-) ), took the receiving station in the car on the passenger seat and drove the neighborhood... (lazy adult approach) and see good reception up to almost 1000f despite obstacles (in the car, in suburbia of the 60' and 70' with a lot of tall (tree) vegetation. With proper antennas and placement, simple radio makes it a good 1000+ feet. Using a WAN would get it even further, as specs promise.

It was neat to see it work 'right out of the box'.

5 Attachments

• LORA_SimpleLORA_FieldTest.png
    • LORA_tx_rx_streetView.png
    • LORA_xmitOnSill.jpg
    • LORA_rcvInCar1000to900f.jpg
    • LORA_allSetup.jpg
About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started