• Hi Benjamin,

the Wahoo Speed Sensor resets its "cumulative wheel revolutions" counter when switching off, so you will have to monitor the transmitted data continously with enabling the notifications for the service.

As it seems, we have similar goals with creating an unobtrusive device. Right now I did not advance, as I am awaiting the delivery of the MDBT42 Breakout board, which I ordered just vey recently. I think it will arrive next week (international shipping). The code above was tested with a Puck.js by the way.
    My plan is to add a small LiPo battery (around 300-500mAh), a small LiPo charger and an ePaper display. My device will be switched on/active when cycling, I also want it to update the displayed data every couple of seconds. Perhaps it might be an option to add an IMU or vibration sensor to let it sleep when the bike is parked, and awaken when moving the bike - that'd be cool. I guess I will check with Gordonif he has any comments/hints for a very low power state with the bluetooth radio switched off, just monitoring a GPIO.

About