Puck.js not connected with windows 7

Posted on
  • HI ,

I try to connect my new puck.js with windows 7 using bluetooth .

My laptop support Bluetooth and i also pair with my computer .

I am still facing problem to connect with my native IDE .

When i click on connect icon it not show me any new connection .

Console Output :
    Web Bluetooth available, but Windows Web Bluetooth is broken in <=60 - not using it

Please help me to figure out this .

• Hi,

Windows 7 doesn't support Bluetooth LE in the OS. It may support Bluetooth, but it needs to be Bluetooth LE. If you managed to pair, chances are it was through some driver software provided by the Bluetooth radio manufacturer - that might handle Bluetooth LE keyboards, but it won't allow the Web IDE access to the device.

So you need to allow the Espruino Native IDE to have full access to the Bluetooth radio itself, without going through windows. You have two options:

• Disable Bluetooth in Windows by using Zadig to install the WinUSB driver for your built-in Bluetooth (not recommended, as you're disabling Bluetooth in Windows)
    • Get a Bluetooth LE USB dongle like recommended here and use zadig to configure it for use with WinUSB so the IDE can use it. You then get to keep the existing Bluetooth support in the Laptop.

Windows 8.1 and later do have Bluetooth LE support in the OS, but I'm afraid Windows 7 doesn't. It was released 10 years ago - before the Bluetooth LE spec was released.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Puck.js not connected with windows 7

Posted by Avatar for Saurabh @Saurabh

Actions