scripts/provision.sh and /home/vagrant/.bashrc

Posted on
  • When I run scripts/provision.sh on the home linux box running Linux Mint, it works fine.

When I try to run it on a linux instance on Amazon, I am told:

-bash: /home/vagrant/.bashrc: No such file or directory

I asked two expert friends, and they were both baffled. The more knowledgable of them said "whether or not a vagrant user is created will be highly dependent on the packaging" and that "it depends on a user that 100% will not exist on anything that isn't a vagrant vm, unless said server is very weird" - when I told him that it worked on my mint machine at home (which I don't have access to until thursday), he insisted that I must have run a different script. Apparently vagrant is something to do with VMs?

So - can anyone tell me if it's possible to set up an Amazon EC2 instance and build Espruino on it, and if so, what incantations must be recited?

Thanks!

• I’d be inclined agree with your friend, that you are running different scripts. Sure it was provision.sh and not vagrant_provision.sh?

• As @Ollie says, I don't think there's anything in scripts/provision.sh that'd try and access .bashrc - whereas vagrant_provision.sh does specifically reference /home/vagrant/.bashrc

• What the hell... something went wrong in the git fork. My repo is WAY behind, using the version of the script from 2015... I wish I'd realized that was the problem.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

scripts/provision.sh and /home/vagrant/.bashrc

Posted by Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy

Actions