Pixl.js datastore

Posted on
  • I received my Pixl.js a few days ago. I see a need for a datastore. I've been considering as SD card, a local web server DB or a cloud DB. Any thoughts, recommendations, suggestions?

Thanks!
    Bill

• Well, there is the Storage library built in which will do you for reasonably small files.

However if you want more I'd suggest SD cards as there's filesystem support built in. You can wire them up manually or some Arduino shields like http://www.espruino.com/arduino-w5100 actually have an SD card on them that you can use.

• Great, Thanks!

I've noticed more than one method for finding BLE devices. Is one more standard or preferred over another?

FYI, I've been a more 'traditional' developer in my career, primarily backend and middleware. Even though I'm retired, I still love learning and thought I'd delve into Bluetooth and it's related technologies.

• I've noticed more than one method for finding BLE devices. Is one more standard or preferred over another?

If you mean scanning then:

• NRF.findDevices scans for a certain amount of time and merges all the advertising data received into an array of devices - if you just want a list of devices it's the way to go.
    • NRF.setScan calls a function every time an advertisement is received - it's real-time, but finding duplicates and merging data from different packets is up to you
    • NRF.requestDevice does NRF.findDevices under the hood but picks just one device based on the criteria you define
  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Pixl.js datastore

Posted by Avatar for user90562 @user90562

Actions