Windows 10 & Puck.js

Posted on
  • Hi, is there a known library for Windows (python or node) that will work with sending bluetooth messages back to Puck?

I intend on having a Puck. paired as a HID so that a button press, triggers a hotkey (which executes a script on the computer) ...but I need a callback to alter the LED on Puck.

• Hi,

I'm not 100% sure about Python, but on Node and Windows 10 with the Web IDE I use:

• noble is good when Windows doesn't support the Bluetooth adaptor - it uses WinUSB to access the adaptors directly
    • winnus is something I made that uses the Windows 10 BLE APIs to access the Puck's Bluetooth serial port: https://www.npmjs.com/package/winnus

Looks like winnus would be perfect for you, but the only gotcha is it's a native module, so for NPM to build it you need to have visual studio installed. You might be able to copy the compiled module from the Native Web IDE distribution if you're using a version of node that matches though.

• Thanks. Will check it out when my puck arrives. (UPS keeps lying to me and getting my hopes up!)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Windows 10 & Puck.js

Posted by Avatar for tako @tako

Actions