You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi,

I'm just playing with BLE on ESP32, and it's looking really good (although loads of warnings! :) ).

@JumJum you mentioned issues with BLE UART? It looks like you can turn it on with NRF.setServices({},{uart:true})?

One thing I noticed is that while it has the service 6e400001-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e once connected, that's not actually advertised - that could well be affecting whether the device is found or not (usually I advertise it in the 'scan response' packet).

The other thing, which I think explains your dropout when trying to connect on windows (and which I get issues with as well) is notifications on the TX characteristic (6e400003...).

If you connect with NRF connect, then go to that characteristic and click the 3 downarrow icon to the right of it, that should enable notifications. It does on something like a Puck.js (the button is toggleable) - you should be able to change the 'characteristic configuration' descriptor between 'Notifications and indications disabled' and 'Notifications enabled'.

I think it must be something like the write to the characteristic descriptor needing a special response? It looks like you need something like this: https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/blo­b/master/examples/bluetooth/gatt_server/­main/gatts_demo.c#L356-L404

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started