ESP8266EX Sonoff Wifi Issue

Posted on
  • Hello,

I'm trying to set the same project as Gordon did here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti­nue=247&v=-BYHwGIMKXw

To sum up : flashing espruino on a sonoff to drive it from MQTT.

I've succeded to flash firmware on Sonoff, I can upload code to it from IDE, but, the Sonoff is unable to connect to Wifi.

I suspected a wifi issue, but the Sonoff/Espruino is able to list all the ssid in my environment.
    I even tried with Micropython to remove the doubt on the hardware.

I've check ssid/password in the code and it's OK.

I've also loaded exactly the same code on Wemos D1 mini and it's able to connect to wifi.

Do you have any idea what could wrong ?

Could it be something related to the warning i got when I upload the code ?

I load firmware with a Mac : ./esptool.py --port /dev/tty.wchusbserial620 write_flash -fs 8MB -fm dout 0x0 ../espruino_1v94/espruino_1v94_esp8266_c­ombined_512.bin

Thank you very much.

1 Attachment

• Capture d’écran 2017-10-28 à 18.21.48.png
  • Ok it seems the problem is that the esp8266 with ESPRUINO is not able to connect to my residential wifi as it broadcasts 2.4GHz and 5GHz under the same SSID. I can split it in to ssids.
    And is not able to deal with "wpa-wpa2 personnal" security.
    I can switch to "wpa2 personnal"only.

I still have to perform stability tests. I will keep you informed.

Thank you

• Hi.

I do use Sonoff 3 devices: Smart Switch, Smart Plug, POW.
    It works fine with v 1.94... I get connected with 2.4 GHz (have disabled 5 GHz)

I now work on more complex scripts now to get Alexa integration (currently facing problem with newest Espruino on UDP implementation)

If you r interested, let me know we can share.

Vasily

• Hi Vasily,

Glad it's working for you.
    What is the command you use to flash firmware, do you use epstool ? I'm using Mac and if I don't give options to -fs and -fm it fails. I mean the transfer seems to be ok, but once restarted I'm not able to type something in the prompt.

Thank you

• i m o windows and use winflash and esptool.

after restart, try to check baudrate. must be 152000 otherwise esp not working.
    and.... if you was flashing... u had to keep button pressed on sonoff entire upload process.

• Hi @Vasily. I have managed to flash a Sonoff device successfully. I have 3 devices and have managed to successfully connect one of the devices (unflashed) to my wifi. The Espruino flashed device (1v96) works great (can load and execute code on it no problem), but will not connect to wifi. I have an Espruino wifi device that I use the same code for and it connects fine. Funny thing is, with the sonoff device when I try to connect i reports no_ap_found (and list command to find ap's reports an empty array), but if I use an incorrect password, it reports bad password! That tells me it's finding the ap and reporting an incorrect password right? SO how come with the correct password it reports no_ap_found? any suggestions?

• Hi. I do not remember anymore this thread.

My implementation for Alexa works fine with Sonoff, you can check source code and use it.

http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­313813/?utm_campaign=mentioned&utm_mediu­m=email&utm_source=notification&offset=2­5#comment14013238

• Hi @btrut

when I try to connect i reports no_ap_found (and list command to find ap's reports an empty array),

please make sure you use latest Wifi.scan() syntax

• Thank you @MaBe I'll check this! And thanks @Vasily that looks very interesting indeed!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

ESP8266EX Sonoff Wifi Issue

Posted by Avatar for user82278 @user82278

Actions