You are reading a single comment by @Dan.js and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Yes, it looks like everything is pretty cosy in there!

What font are you using for the display? Is it just the vector one?

Those Sharp Memory LCDs are amazing though. I just wish they were a bit cheaper (especially the big ones). I guess if you did a custom PCB you might be able to mount the LCD directly. The adafruit board has a level converter that won't be needed because you're running at 3v, so you pretty much just connect the LCD straight to the module.

The whole capacitive sense thing is a bit of a pain - it's currently done in software. I had a hardware solution but it wasn't much better because the high speed oscillator had to be kept running (= lots of power draw). There may well be a better solution though - in fact it may be possible to use the low level interface library (http://www.espruino.com/NRF52LL) to get what you want direct from JS.

If you find out a low-power way to do it I'm definitely up for trying to implement it inside Espruino though.

• Im using vector for time/date and Font8x16 for temp/battery. I drew out four battery icons, 100%,below 90%,50%, and 10%.

It also shows in the middle if bluetooth is connected or not, "!" for not connected "<>" for connected.

Here's the most current layout I have right now.

1 Attachment

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
About

Avatar for Dan.js @Dan.js started