You are reading a single comment by @Dan.js and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Wow, that's absolutely awesome!

If I'm honest I have some prototype bluetooth boards here but they're not actually much smaller than the Puck - they just have a bunch more IO on them.

Did you consider coming up with a custom PCB? I'll be selling pre-programmed Bluetooth modules really soon, and I've already published the Eagle CAD footprint. It doesn't need anything apart from the correct voltage to work. You could probably squish a lot of what's needed onto one board?

• After removing the battery holder from the Puck it actually seems to fit pretty well. A custom PCB sounds fun though! Ill start looking into it.

When I started thinking about this project originally I thought of using the Adafruit M0 trinket plus BLE module. I don't think it would have turned out. The Puck with bluetooth programming along with the incredible battery life all on a tiny board is just amazing. I don't think I could have done this project without it.

About

Avatar for Dan.js @Dan.js started