You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi - sorry about the short reply earlier @SergeP.

You're totally correct that they're the same on different platforms. The two forum sections are mainly there for me - over half of Espruino's users are using it on non-official boards now, and I can't afford to provide the same level of support for those that I provide for the boards that I sell (it's also one less reason for people to buy a proper board :). I'd forgotten that you were using Puck.js as well. If you hit issues like this again feel free to post on the official boards page, but please check it on a Puck or official board first just in case :)

In some cases it is possible to detect an undefined argument (eg. checking arguments.length), but for most built-in functions this isn't done as it's slower/more complicated. The clearInterval(undefined) is intended behaviour - but it is a bit of a design flaw. I've hit bugs caused by it a few times myself too.

It seems that making clearInterval(undefined) throw an exception while clearInterval() works might help to make errors far less likely? What does everything think?

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started